Affilate programs can be a boon or a bust to your domain. When used properly they provide content and opportunity. When implemented poorly they may serve as a contaminate ruining an otherwise fine website.
- How well does the affiliate program match your website?
- Are you trying to sell car parts on your kittiesarefluffy.com website?
- Does the affilate program have a good solid reputation?
- You care about this because you want to get paid. And, you want to protect your browsers. It doesn't help you to make a few bucks and generate bad rep because an affiliate doesn't deliver product or deal well with customers.
- Are the graphics and texts professional?
- No point sweating blood to make your site look great just to dump a bunch of low class cheesy buttons and banners on it.